When Jon Rusk, the co-owner and golf pro of the Lulu Country Club arrived to work at 6:30 am on October 18th, he thought it would be a typical work day at the golf course. It was far from it. When the smell of smoke seemed to spread and linger in the air, he called 911 and exited the club along with another worker. A blaze had erupted starting in the basement, causing a two-alarm fire that resulted in a complete loss of the building, despite the efforts of nearly a hundred firefighters. Thankfully, the blaze did not destroy the pro shop, golf carts or the golf course, but plans are already underway to reconstruct the country club.